Saturday 14 April 2007

Farewell lobster - hello goat

Well, I feel as if a couple of tons have been lifted off my shoulders - we've found somewhere - and the offer has been accepted!

Contacting yet another Estate Agent we saw a property which had just come onto the market that day - first viewers, and by chance it was Beloved's day off so he could see it too. We liked it, BUT - it certainly didn't tick all the boxes, it wasn't in an area we were looking at, or even thought we would want to live. It seemed to be a no.

However - the next morning I sat myself down and gave myself a good talking to. How long were we going to carry on (by we I mean 99% of the time, me) looking for the really perfect place which did, in fact, tick at least most of the boxes, (and incidentally cost at least £50K more). Perhaps it was more appropriate to look for something we liked at a much lower price, but know that it wasn't going to be forever - we could take our time in a few years to do that. (Doesn't help when Beloved finds that we could buy at least two apartments in Lucca for the same price). This place isn't perfect, needs some changes and a lot of TLC, BUT - I had a 'feeling' when I first saw it - it's comfortable ... it has a study area for me ... the spare room is far enough away from the Master bedroom to get away from the Brontasnorus when noise levels hit the Richter scale ... it has a lovely living room looking out on to the garden, the french windows flooding in light ... and it has a kitchen! Anyone who knows us, knows that our kitchen is not big enough to swing a kitten in (NOT that I would EVER swing a kitten) and although this one might not suit Gordon Ramsay it would be pure heaven to me. For the first time in my life I can have a washing machine (yes, over half a century old and nver possessed a washing machine) and favourite sister in law, who will only be a 20 minute walk away has already volunteered to come round and give me lessons.

So, yes - I went to see it again the next day and put in an offer - Friday 13th can be a very lucky day.

Now, about this goat ..... had been hoping for a patio garden (lazy gardener) but we now have some grass!

No comments: