Tuesday 27 February 2007

Human Beings DO exist

First day back to work today, still croaking, but much better and actually able to stand up for longer than half an hour at a time!

Relief:- my In-Basket which normally looks like the Himalayas after I've been away for a week, only resembled the Alps ... and I'd nearly got it down to the Pyrenees before I staggered out tonight.

Human beings actually exist:-

1) My Boss, when I got in, actually rushed up and hugged me - was I OK, gosh how she'd missed me .... blimey, I'm sure she's heard that I am seriously considering leaving!

2) Filipino client had just come back from a trip 'home' and brought a beautiful, locally made necklace and bracelet as a little thank you ...!

3) Thai client - who had heard that I'd been off ill, checked that I was in today and came in with freshly made (still warm from the pan) Thai chicken curry, so I wouldn't have to think about cooking when I got home! Delcious or what !!!

Sometimes, it just makes you feel good to be alive and amongst some real human beings ... just a little 'thank you' can take away all the horrors of the arrogant, selfish pigs you more often have to deal with - Mind you, I do like a bit of roast pork, particularly with crackling.

No comments: