Sunday 11 February 2007

Weekend in Paris

Being the tenderheart that I am, and given that my beloved does not often get a weekend off work, I decided to book a weekend away in Paris. He's never been to Paris and, whilst I've often suggested it, the idea has usually been met with a bit of a shrug and 'not particularly keen' attitude. However ............ I took the bull by the horns adn booked it:-

Him: Why on earth do I want to go to Paris? I've never wanted to go to Paris ...

Me: It's a lovely city, loads to see, good food, and you know I've always wanted to show you round somewhere I love and know pretty well.

Him: But I've never wanted to go to Paris.

Me: I know you'll love it when you get there .... just like you hated the idea of going to Florence, or Sorrento, or Venice, or Rome - and fell in love with them all. AND it was a special offer - first class on Eurostar .... AND I'm paying.

Him: First classs BOTH ways? - so that means the luxury leg room and three course meal with free wine/bubbly BOTH ways?

Me: Yes.

Him: OK then.

MEN !!

No comments: