Friday 2 February 2007

Toe Dipping

Dipping my toes for the first time into the blog-pool , what ripples will I create or will my toes just freeze in the cold waters?

Just as frightening is my current entry into the world of Estate Agents as we try to sell our humble abode and buy something new. The world of the Estate Agent could be likened to the lion's den - will I be a Daniel or Androcles .... or just another lunch time titbit. Time will only tell - and will be reported! So far though, I have to keep reminding myself that we live in a Garden Flat - NOT Basement (well it does actually have a rather lovely patio garden) - and have also learned the power of lavender incense sticks. They work absolute wonders in covering that slightly musty (AKA damp!) smell you always get in those vaults under the main front steps going up to the raised ground floor entrance of your typical Victorian terrace .... sorry, it's not a 'vault', it's actually the wine cellar and convenient storage room - with great further potential, including cycle storage. So, we're looking for a cycling wine buff who likes a nice secluded garden but doesn't want to cook too much (very small kitchen - can't swing a kitten) unless they are super organised - even though I've cooked happily in it for 26 years with no culinary complaints!

We shall see how Agents Justin and Russell get on 'marketing' the place ..... they had four viewers booked in before I'd even signed their contract, so I think they are keen, and I also think we've made a good decision to say we are going away to Paris next weekend and just giving them the keys! ..... Or will I, like a fretful mother hen, be worrying about whether the viewers appreciate the play of light on the wall at dusk, or the varied bird song of our robin, blue tits and great tits as they breakfast at the bird feeder and argue with the squirrel over who gets the lion's share of the nuts - oh dear, there's that lion again!

We shall see, we shall see.

No comments: